Spring is the perfect time to refresh your home, allowing you to enjoy the summer in beautiful new surroundings. In this article, we’ll take a look at five simple ways to update your décor.
Re-paint the walls in neutral colours
It’s amazing how a lick of paint can completely transform a room! If you have bold colours present on the walls of your living spaces, they may look dated or otherwise dominate the room. Consider redecorating to bring everything back into balance.
Neutral colours are always a safe bet, but they’re having a moment right now. Opt for off-white, taupe, and grey hues for a natural ambience. Light, neutral colours also help to brighten a room and provide the illusion of light in small spaces.
Update soft furnishings
One of the least expensive ways to refresh a room is simply to update soft furnishings. New cushions, curtains, or throws are cost-effective to buy, and can completely transform the vibe of a room.
Focus on the key areas, such as living rooms, bedrooms, and conservatories for maximum impact. A splash of colour helps to add personality to a room, particularly if it is decorated in a neutral palette.
Focus on light
Good lighting is crucial to maintaining a beautiful living space. There are two approaches t look at; natural lighting and light fixtures. When it comes to the former, you’ll want to focus on maximizing the potential of windows and doors in your home. Make sure they aren’t covered during the day, to allow the maximum amount of light to flood in.
At night time, illuminate your home with standing lamps, ceiling fixtures, and string lights. Although we may think of the latter as the preserve of the festive season, they add a cute and welcoming atmosphere, year-round!
Placing mirrors on your wall naturally reflects the light around your house. Consider getting some mirrors cut to size to fit in you wall spaces.
Invest in new furniture
If you have the cash to spare, new furniture can revolutionise a living space. Look at the key pieces in the first instance; sofas, beds, tables, and chairs. If they are dated or broken, and can’t be repaired or refreshed, consider replacing them.
This can be a pricy endeavour, but there are ways to spread the cost. Taking out a loan allows you to pay off the cost of a furniture update over pre-agreed terms. Loan Call helps you to connect with lenders who can offer the finance you need with a repayment schedule that works for you.
Spruce up your outdoor spaces
Don’t forget the garden! If you are blessed with an outdoor space, consider making updates so that you can enjoy it to its full potential!
This can be as simple as planting some new flowers, shrubs, or trees. You might wish to add or replace seating and entertainment areas. A new barbecue or fire pit can be the centre piece of your al fresco gatherings. Solar-powered lights allow you to continue enjoying the outdoors after the sun goes down. Even mowing the lawn can completely refresh the look of a garden!
However you choose to update your home, we hope you enjoy the new additions!
- The Fascinating Ceremony of Indian Weddings - March 29, 2020
- 4 Great Personal Gift Ideas for a loved one - March 28, 2020
- Cherry Picker 101 – 4 Safety Tips That All Operators Must Know - March 25, 2020
- What Are the Air Compressors Used For? - March 13, 2020
- 3 times when it’s recommended to take out a loan - March 3, 2020
- 5 Must-Know Tips to Effectively Manage Small Business Inventory - February 26, 2020
- Scared of Huge Medical Bills? Here Are 3 Things You Can Do Right Now - February 25, 2020
- Planning for Retirement Is Something to Do Early on and These Are 3 Key Points to Remember - February 8, 2020
- Wonderful Video Downloading Apps for Android Users - February 6, 2020
- Upnest: connecting buyers and sellers with best realtors in the area - January 29, 2020