For all those who are curious about this Jio thing in the market and yet not much familiar to it, well do not worry. This article will help you know everything possible about Jio that has gained huge amount of fanfare in a very short span of time.
To start with, Reliance Jio is a Mumbai based service and it provides 4G internet, mobile telephony, broadband services, and digital services in India. It used to be formerly known as Infotel Broadband Services Limited. It is mainly known for its 4G services at rates such economical that no Indian could ignore. Jio provides its service on a PAN India level using LTE technology. For those who are unaware with the PAN India term, PAN stands for Presence across nation that is, it provides its services to customers all across India (North, South, East, and West).
Launch of Jio
As you may have heardof, MukeshAmbani, the chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries owns Jio and with the launch of Jio has rocked the telecom world.On the occasion of 83rd birth anniversary of late DhirubhaiAmbani(27 December 2015), founder of Reliance Industries, the company beta-launched Jio services to Jio’s partners and employees as compliment and the function featured Bollywood star and Jio brand ambassador Shah Rukh Khan and composer AR Rahman. The commercial launch was held recently on September 5, 2016
In the annual general meeting of Reliance Industries Limited held at Mumbai, Mr. Ambani stated his plans regarding 4G mobile network in the country, making all domestic voice calls and roaming free and asserted that data prices would be well below its competitors.
Attractive Factors of Jio
- Voice calls free of cost
- No roaming charges
- 25% more data provided to students
- Data services to be free for the first four months after the launch
- Variety of tariff plans for occasional users, light users as well as heavy data users
- Lyf brand handsets at super affordable rates
And they aim to achieve 100 million customers in record time.
More about Jio
Although being the holder of biggest chunk of liberalized spectrum among telecom operators, Jio is facing problems like call drops, etc. The leading operators including Airtel, Vodafone and Idea have been accused by Reliance Jio of providing far less than adequate PoIs (Points of interconnections) needed by users to complete calls to a rival network.
With the intention of standing out from the rest, they portray themselves as a digital company rather than a telecom services provider.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab your Jio sim and avail the super facilities provided by Jio. To avail Jio services you can either buy Reliance Retail’s Lyf range of phones and get yourself three months of free, unlimited Internet access and calling along with it or else get your hands on a Jio sim but for that you need to make sure your current phone supports 4G. Or you can also get a JioFi portable Wi-Fi hotspot. The advantage of this is you just need to pay 2,899 bucks for the wireless compact router and in return you get three months of free 4G data.
We hope you liked the article and found it informative. If you have any doubts regarding Jio or its usage, feel free to ask by commenting your query in the comment section below.
- Where to Get the Best Diesel Catalytic Converters - April 19, 2019
- How to Make a Fire Safety System in Home Renovation? - March 25, 2019
- The 5 Best Writing Apps for Android and iOs - March 20, 2019
- Back to School: 7 Ways to Finance Your College Tuition - February 22, 2019
- Top 5 Temples near Bangalore - February 12, 2019
- Love in the Digital Age - February 6, 2019
- Rules for cleaning the straps and polishing the wristwatch safety glass - January 28, 2019
- Top Reasons Why You Should Invest in Building a Fireplace - January 3, 2019
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Wedding Budget - December 30, 2018
- Queerbaiting and Queer Subtext in Entertainment Industry - December 14, 2018