The Mercer County Italian American Festival is back again to celebrate its 20th anniversary this year! Get ready for plenty of opportunities to explore Italian culture.
The three-day event is scheduled to take place on September 27-29, 2019 at the Mercer County Park. You can buy your tickets early to have more time to prepare for the festivities.
The festival will take place rain or shine. It offers incredible Italian food, authentic live music accompanied by folk dancers, arts and crafts, a tent full of Italian heritage artifacts, a Bocce game, cultural presentations, and fireworks. The cost of the event is $5 for most; senior aged 65-and-over pay $4; children under the age of 12 are free.
Where to Retire After a Long Day of Festival Attendance
Having a comfortable place to stay after spending a long day at the festival is ideal. Finding the right Princeton Hotels to stay should be your priority during the planning process. One popular choice for festival attendees is the Hyatt Regency Princeton. You can unwind in the glass-enclosed, heated pool, get a workout in at the state-of-the-art gym, or take your adventures outside on its many scenic running and biking paths. If you want something a bit more historic, consider the Nassau Inn. Located on Palmer Square, this small hotel blends small-town charm and modern comfort.
Things to Do in Princeton After the Festival Ends
You won’t want to stop experiencing all the fun after the Italian festival lets out. Points of interest nearby include Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park & Safari, the Jersey Shore, and Raritan Canal State Park, and Mercer County Park.
You can shop at the Princeton Market Fair, QuakerBridge Mall, Palmer Square, or Mercer Mall. Each has its list of advantages that come with doing so. A little retail therapy never hurt anyone, and it gives you some fun items to bring home with you as souvenirs.
Places You’ll Want to Eat At in the City
After sampling great Italian American food at the festival, you will probably want to check out other types of cuisine served in the city. You’ll find options ranging from fast and convenient to upscale and worth the wait. Some restaurants that are loved by travelers and locals alike include Crystal Garden Restaurant, Koi Pond Lounge, The Dinky Bar & Kitchen, Gallery Café, and Seasons 52.
Get to Know Italian American Culture in a More Intimate and Entertaining Way
Having the opportunity to attend The Italian American Festival is a dream come true for many people. It allows you to explore your roots or those of people who are close to you. It provides you with the opportunity to visit Princeton for the first time or explore the city in greater depth this visit. It can also offer some much-needed “me-time” by allowing you to indulge in activities, foods, and entertainment that you usually don’t get to experience at home.
- Running a Small Business: What You Need to Know That Nobody Tells You - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate the Italian Way in Princeton this Fall - August 3, 2019
- The Newest trends in Bridal Jewellery - March 15, 2019
- Where to Find Affordable and Reliable Dutch Translation Services? - February 11, 2019
- Tips for Organising Memorable Hen Parties - September 25, 2018
- Are You a Banjo Beginner? How to Choose a Proper Banjo for Your Needs - June 8, 2018
- How to Make the Most of Your car Racing-Themed Vacation - December 22, 2017
- Will Reading Glasses Soon be a Thing of the Past? - December 7, 2017
- How to Turn Your Home to a Vacation Rental - December 1, 2017
- Medical Innovations: Pioneering, yet Simple - October 25, 2017