The body undergoes continuous changes after a certain age and after the age of 50, the various physiologic processes of the body seem to slow down. Therefore, the people who are above 50 years of age are more prone to developing certain health conditions as compared to other population. Women may experience low bone density, increased risk of breast cancer while men may experience an increased risk of heart diseases. In all the cases, it is imperative to keep a check on the health status of a person.
For people over 50, few medical check-ups and a few health screenings can be amongst the greatest gifts. It is important to undergo medical health check-ups to hit the inevitable five ‘o’ – 50 years of age and above.
Here is a list of must-do complete body check up which everyone should inquire about on the next visit to the doctor.
- Skin Cancer Exam: It is better to get the skin examined by a dermatologist to identify three main types of skin cancer: squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, and malignant melanoma. If the patient notices any change in color, shape or an existing size of the mole and he/she have crossed the 50s, then it could be skin
- Stress Test: Stress test helps to determine if there is an adequate flow of blood reaching to the heart during any type of increased activity. This test is very necessary for people above 50s and has a history of heart disease. Basically, this test involves monitoring of the heart rate levels and blood pressure, once the patient is jogging, walking or on a treadmill.
- Prostate screening: Prostrate is an antigen component released in the man’s body by the prostate gland. The release of this component increases with age. Hence, it is very important to take an annual prostate screening test.
- Pap Smear Test: Also known as the Pap test, it is a procedure performed to diagnose cervical cancer in women. This test involves collecting cells from the cervix to detect cervical cancer and other possible ailments; once the women have crossed the 50s. It is very important to take this test, especially in women who are sexually active.
- Liquid Profile Test: This test is performed to diagnose the levels of cholesterol and monitor overall vascular health. It helps to diagnose the level of bad low-density
- Sexually transmitted disease check: A person should undergo this test once every 5 years if he/ she is sexually active. However, if someone has multiple sexual partners, then the person must undergo the test once every six months.
- Mammogram: It is the x-ray of the breast which is performed to diagnose breast cancer in the women. If there is any change observed in the breast tissue, then it is mandatory to take this test. Even if there is no change observed in the breast tissue, women should undergo this test once in three years. The test helps the doctors to detect or diagnose the condition even before the symptom appears.
- ECG (Electrocardiogram): People above 50s should go for an electrocardiogram, specifically when they aren’t active. This test helps to assess heart ailments. A person should undergo this test if symptoms such as fatigue, anxiousness, sweatiness, and chest pains are observed.
- Testosterone levels: The patient must undergo this test once every year to ensure the normal levels of testosterone levels.
- Diabetes Risk Test: People above 50s should undergo diabetes screen test routinely.
- General Physical Examination: A general examination includes a detailed history of a person. A head-to-toe medical check-up includes an examination of the skin, ear, nose, throat, lymph nodes, breast, chest, abdomen, rectum, and extremities.
- Thyroid Function Test: It is a series of blood tests performed to determine how well the thyroid gland is working. This test includes T3RU, T3, T4, and
- A person has to be proactive. There are various other tests apart from the above mentioned, that a person must undergo after crossing the 50s in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The doctor can treat the ailment only when it is caught on time as timely interventions can save many lives.
- What Factors Affect Trading and How to Deal with Them - May 13, 2019
- How Can I Develop an Investment App? - May 7, 2019
- Health Screening Tests People above 50s should Undergo - April 26, 2019
- 7 Facts about Alcohol Addiction and Abuse - April 21, 2019
- 5 Benefits of Getting A POS System - April 17, 2019
- Reverse Phone Lookup: Quick Tips And Tricks - April 11, 2019
- 5 Things You Never Knew About Buying a Car - April 9, 2019
- Website UI Testing – Why Is It Important? - March 26, 2019
- Tips for Attending Megacon in Orlando - March 23, 2019
- How to Buy the Best Construction Management Software - March 19, 2019