You may or may not have heard the term’ telehealth care’, which has revolutionised the medical sector by enabling medical professionals to deliver their services via a video consultation, rather than seeing the patient face to face. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology is what powers applications such as Zoom and Skype and many GPs are currently offering their patients virtual consultations.
Online Medical Services
There is a wide range of medical services that can be delivered in a virtual environment, which includes the following:
- General Practitioner – Many UK GPs are now offering virtual consultations, which means the patient does not need to visit the doctor’s surgery, rather they communicate via a Zoom video consultation. This is often enough for the doctor to make an accurate diagnosis that enables prescribing the correct medication and by using this service, you are removing the risk of Covid infection, which is good news for both patient and medical professional. If the patient is referred to hospital, they might require scans using equipment installed by Rhenus High Tech, medical logistics that offer final mile delivery across the UK. This is a booming sector that the medical industry relies on heavily, while other sectors include banking, health & fitness, manufacturing and the retail sector.
- Psychiatry – Many psychiatrists offer their services in a virtual format and for some people, a daily video call with their psychiatrist is exactly what the doctor ordered. If you think you need to talk to someone about your problems, a Google search will help you to locate either a psychiatrist or a qualified mental health counsellor, and in some cases, the treatment is free of charge.
- Physiotherapy – Physios now offer their services via video consultations, which is adequate for the medical professional to carry out their work. The physio would ask you many questions about your physical problem, before showing you a series of exercises that you can do on a daily basis and that will accelerate healing. Here are a few reasons why outsourcing your IT needs is a good idea.
- Dealing with Addiction – There are many people who are addicted to drugs and they need a lot of emotional support if they are to quit using, which can be provided online. There are many support groups that make good use of Facebook to keep members connected, with online meetings several times per week.
The telehealth care sector is one way that people can receive medical treatment without the risk of Covid-19 infection and even after the pandemic, there will be a place for virtual medical services. The rollout of 5G and the Internet of Things will be a game changer that will have a positive impact on the telehealth care sector.
If you think you need to see your doctor, search their website and this will tell you whether or not the doctor offers virtual consultations. We all need to do what we can to stop the spread of the Coronavirus and with medical services that are delivered online, you can safely receive the treatment that you need.
- How To Have Good Time On A Budget In Los Angeles - November 30, 2021
- How You Can Streamline Your Business In 2022 - November 25, 2021
- Find Out How You Can Choose a Reliable Domain Hosting Service - November 23, 2021
- Make Your Guest’s Overnight Stay Enjoyable - November 20, 2021
- How Photo Booths Can Improve A Party - November 19, 2021
- Has the Covid Era Given Rise to Sex Crimes? - November 17, 2021
- What Are the Benefits Of Visual Storytelling? - November 16, 2021
- How to learn to invest from scratch? - November 15, 2021
- Lincoln Online Game General Overview - November 12, 2021
- How To Get the Most Out of Your Employees - November 10, 2021