Whether a relationship was troubled for months, or the end seemed to come out of nowhere, dealing with a breakup is one of the hardest things to go through. Healing a broken heart takes time, and sometimes even when friends try to be there, the best answer is to be alone to grieve the end of the relationship. During this time, a person may feel lonely, sad, angry, or in denial. Sometimes music, and the emotions written in the lyrics and in the voice of the singer, is the only way to find any comfort or relief.
Here are a few lists, based on emotion, of break up songs. R&B, pop, oldies, rock and country are all included here.
Sad Love Songs for Breakup Help
Sometimes sad love songs, even if they aren’t about breaking up, have so much emotion in them that they’re perfect to sing along and cry with. Here are a few that meet that bill.
-Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You
-Sarah McLachlan, Angel
-Dido, White Flag
-Bon Jovi, Bed of Roses
-Moby, Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad
-Radiohead, Fake Plastic Trees
While dealing with breakup often feels so lonely, everyone has been through this before. These artists have not only been through it, but have written songs about it that can really help with healing a broken heart.
-Sinead O’Connor, Nothing Compares 2 U
-No Doubt, Don’t Speak
-LeAnn Rhymes, How Do I Live
-Sarah McLachlan, I Will Remember You
-Guns N Roses, November Rain
-Toni Braxton, Un-break My Heart
-The Beatles, Yesterday
-Pat Benetar, Love is a Battlefield
-Justin Timberlake, Cry Me a River
Angry Heart Break Songs
Sometimes breakups make people feel sad, but often they can produce anger, too. When revenge seems like a good idea, or screaming loudly feels good, these songs are the answer.
-Lisa Loeb, Stay
-Alanis Morissette, You Oughtta Know
-Ben Folds Five, Song for the Dumped
-Pearl Jam, Black
-Lauryn Hill, I Used to Love Him
-Janis Joplin, Piece of My Heart
-Bon Jovi, You Give Love a Bad Name
-Nancy Sinatra, These Boots Were Made for Walking
Best Break Up Songs for Moving On
Once the crying and anger are over with, here are a few good songs for moving on, putting the bad relationship in the past, and staying strong.
-Madonna, I’ll Remember
-Kelly Clarkson, Since You’ve Been Gone
-Christina Aguilera, Fighter
-Destiny’s Child, Survivor
-Aretha Franklin, Respect
-Beyonce, Single Ladies
-Cyndi Lauper, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
-Shania Twain, Man I Feel Like a Woman
These songs are for crying and screaming, and eventually, for moving on and getting ready to face the world again.
- How to Create Unique Chinese Character Tattoo Designs - April 13, 2018
- UNESCO’s World Heritage Site Agra Fort (India) - April 12, 2018
- Why You Should Pay in Full for a Vehicle and Avoid Auto Financing - April 11, 2018
- Flashback: Spongebob Squarepants Online Games for Children - April 10, 2018
- Popular Tourist Attraction: Panama City Beach Winery - April 7, 2018
- Mind, Body, Spirit and Yoga - April 6, 2018
- Office Party Etiquette for the Boss - April 4, 2018
- Healing a Broken Heart with Breakup Songs - April 3, 2018
- BBC Alice in Wonderland DVD Review - April 2, 2018
- Which Comes First – Resume or Job Search? - March 31, 2018