While shooting photos and videos with your mobile phones you may run the risk of filling up its memory soon. You may be more in problem with certain handsets that does not allow adding up storage. Probably, moving the images to a PC also seems complicated to many. In such cases Yahoo and Apple have come up with answers with their Flickr and iCloud Photo Library respectively.
You get virtually unlimited online storage with Flickr for free. It offers 1 terabyte of space. However, Yahoo puts it in this way. It offers five photos a day for next sixty years.
The old and new images are copied automatically with the app of Flickr for iPhones, iPads and Android devices. This will help you to delete the files from your phone and makes some storage space. Anytime you can retrieve the files from Flickr.
For the Windows and Mac computers the Flickr software scans and upload images continually.
iCloud Photo Library
Apple launched the iCloud Photo Library last month with the aim to unify the photo collection of users online. It works with its Photos app on Mac as well as mobile devices. It helps users in organizing and editing of the uploaded images to its cloud.
The storage on the cloud is of original resolution, but the version gets downgraded depending on the devices and storage left on those. All these are done automatically.
However, the iCloud Photo Library is only limited to the Apple devices and the service is free up to 5GB, which means around 3,000 photos. Beyond the limit Apple charge 99 cents a month for up to 20GB.
The iCloud Photo Library comes built into the Photo apps with iOS and Mac operating systems. Users simply need to turn the feature on instead of downloading.
What you do when your phone device runs short of storage and you are unable to add new images and videos to it? Do share your own views with us and fellow readers in the below given comment box.
- How to Become a great Party Host - March 14, 2018
- How to Make the Most of Your car Racing-Themed Vacation - December 22, 2017
- Will Reading Glasses Soon be a Thing of the Past? - December 7, 2017
- How to Turn Your Home to a Vacation Rental - December 1, 2017
- Medical Innovations: Pioneering, yet Simple - October 25, 2017
- Professional Photo Editing with RetouchMe - October 24, 2017
- How to Become More Convincing: 3 Original and Effective Methods - October 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Tips to Improve Cash Flow in a Business - October 23, 2017
- Redecorate for a Cozy Fall - October 22, 2017
- How To Keep Kids Away From Overuse Habit Of Smartphone - October 15, 2017