Traveling to Portugal is absolutely breathtaking. We bet you’d fall in love with everything it has to offer: from the food to the places to the people.
If you’re getting ready to visit and experience the grand beauty of Portugal, this article will be useful.
Here, we discuss the things you must do when you visit this country rich in history and culture. Check them out!
Compare Car Hire Services
This is important for Portugal travelers. Skip the taxis, and compare car hire at Lisbon Airport once you touch down.
Not only can you find stress-free car rental services in Lisbon, but you can also save more money since taxis are pretty expensive in Portugal.
And speaking of money, the next tip is also a must-do for travelers like you.
Your Money to Euros
When you touch down, you need to exchange your currencies to euros. Find money changer stations right away, or pre-exchange your currency into euros before you travel.
The reason is simple: although most establishments accept credit cards, a lot of smaller shops and restaurants still use cash.
After exchanging your money, it’s time to…
Calculate Your Costs
Yes, you probably have calculated your budget for this amazing trip. But it doesn’t hurt to double-check and recalculate.
When calculating your costs, focus on the following:
- Transportation costs – trains, buses, budget airlines, ferries
- Accommodation – hostels, dorm rooms, Airbnb
- Food – groceries, bakeries, restaurants
- Activities – free museum visits, wine tours, backpacking, hiking
Traveling Around Portugal
Portugal packs a lot of wonderful places you must cover before you leave. It’s no wonder tourism is growing steadily.
The following activities and places are the top picks of many wanderlusts and travel enthusiasts.
- Evora – a small town that’s home to beautiful and historic buildings, including the Temple of Diana.
- Templar Castle – found in the town of Tomar, the Templar Castle was the headquarters for the Knights Templar in the 12th century.
- The Azores Islands – a two-hour flight from Lisbon to the Atlantic Ocean, Azores Islands have stunning beaches, unique wildlife, and a vibe that defines “hidden paradise.”
- Lagos – if you want to experience how to party in Portugal, Lagos is the place to be. A top-tourist destination, Lagos is a great place to soak up the sun and drink for dinner.
Check Out Local Events
You also ought to check local events in every town, village, or city you visit.
Portugal offers a wide variety of food- or saint-related festivals throughout the year:
- Christmas and New Year’s Eve celebration (winter)
- Al-Mutamid Music Festival (winter)
- Essencia do Vinho wine festival (winter)
- Almond blossom festival (spring)
- Portugal Carnival (spring)
- Easter (spring)
- Flower Festival (spring)
- Santos Populares festival (summer)
- Medieval Fairs (summer)
- Festival ao Largo Millennium (summer)
- Porto Puppet Festival (autumn)
- Coruche International Balloon Festival (autumn)
- Horse Fair in Ribatejo (autumn)
Make your Portugal trip unique and unforgettable by following the tips above. Be prepared for the trip, but also be ready to explore new things.
More importantly, make it meaningful. Enjoy the beauty of this historical and culture-rich place.
- Worried About Pregnancy-Related Expenses? Read This - February 10, 2021
- Should you live in a penthouse apartment? - December 21, 2020
- Your Perfect Guide To Get Along With A Tech Staffing Company - September 15, 2020
- How to Have a Successful Virtual Wedding - August 25, 2020
- What Do We Know About the New iPhone 12? - August 17, 2020
- Top 4 Gift Ideas for Men - August 12, 2020
- Find TOP US boarding schools in California for foreign students - August 4, 2020
- 15 Ways to Save Money for Study Abroad - July 24, 2020
- What to Do When You Arrive in Portugal - July 16, 2020
- The Pros and Cons of Teeth Aligners - July 10, 2020