Whether it’s powered by an engine or by sails, your boat represents a significant investment. It is tempting to try to store it at home, but that can quickly turn sour. The space required, along with the need to protect it from the elements, can be more than you can handle. Boat storage facilities such as Lock N Store can offer help here, but how do you ensure that your boat is safe while in their care?
Indoor Boat Storage
One of the most important considerations for boat owners who want to maximise their security is to ensure that the facility you choose offers indoor boat storage, as well as outdoor storage options. Indoor storage adds an additional layer of protection against prying eyes, but will also protect against UV-related fading, as well as exposure to the elements. However, understand that indoor storage is more expensive than outdoor storage, so make sure this lines up with your budget.
Video Surveillance and Alarms
Another important consideration when choosing boat storage is to ensure that the facility offers both video surveillance and alarms. The entire property should be covered by video cameras, ensuring that anyone entering the facility after hours will be spotted. Alarms should be set up on doors and gates securing boat storage, as well. This ensures that even if an intruder is not seen on video, they cannot access the storage area without tripping an alarm and alerting security staff. All gates and doors should also be secured with coded entry systems.
Finally, make sure that there is a human security presence on the property at all times. It might be no more than a single security professional who monitors the video feed and patrols the perimeter periodically, but there should be someone present to stop intruders as quickly as possible.
With the right boat storage facility, you’ll have access to the ideal amount of space for your boat and trailer, but also have the option of indoor and outdoor storage. You’ll have protection from a multilayer security strategy, too. We invite you to learn more about how we can help you store and protect your boat at Lock N Store.
- Do’s and Don’ts for Writing Guest Blog Post - February 7, 2019
- Web Hosting Guide: How To Choose The Right Provider - February 5, 2019
- Looking at Media’s Varied Takes of the Zombie Craze - January 31, 2019
- America’s leading charities for helping families - January 29, 2019
- Roman Blinds and What You need To Know - January 25, 2019
- The Top Best tips for writing a college essay - January 17, 2019
- The Environmental Impact of Metal Recycling - January 16, 2019
- Cremation Diamonds, Ashes into a Reef, Burials at Sea – What are Your Options after Death? - January 14, 2019
- You Can Die Peacefully if You Avail of Equity Release - January 9, 2019
- How Is Excess Mileage Charged in the UK? - January 7, 2019