Hotmail was developed in 1996. One year later, Microsoft acquired the web based service provider. For the longest time, they operated as Hotmail.com. However when the competition became stiff, Microsoft decided to change the name from Hotmail.com to Outlook.com. With this change, great features were added. There were also great changes that were done. One of the changes was in the app department, before one could download the Hotmail app. However, the app has been changed from Hotmail to Outlook. This means that for you to access your account from your phone, you will be required to download the Microsoft outlook app. This is the official app from the corporation.
Downloading the App
One thing that you will notice is that you will be able to access your account with the old log in details. This app comes with great features that will make it easy for you to access your emails. You will get to enjoy the seamless inbox that allows you to access your most important messages first. You will also able to swipe gestures. It is also easy for you to access your calendar and the Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint. To download this app on your Android phone;
- Launch your ‘all applications’ icon and open the play store.
- You will be directed to a new page.
- Click on the ‘applications’ option that is located on the top part. You may, however choose to search for the app.
- Once the results are displayed, click on ‘Microsoft Outlook’.
- You will be directed to a new page with the app description. Click install.
- A pop up will appear, click ‘accept’.
- The download process will begin. Once the installation process is complete, open the app.
- Click on ‘get started’ you will be taken through a series of app features.
- Once that is done, you will be directed to a new page. Choose the Microsoft service you want. Since you are interested with Outlook, click on outlook.
- You will be required to log in to your account.
Once you download the app, you will be able to access your emails with ease. However, there are times when you will experience problems accessing to hotmail sign in account. If that happens, you can still access the email through your Android device
- On your phone, open the email, and then tap on the account.
- You will then have to enter your outlook log in details, and then click on manual setup.
- Tap the ‘exchange; option under the type of account is this.
- Enter your email address in the username spaces.
- Enter your password.
- Under the server name, enter Outlook.com.
- Check the SSL box and click next.
- Choose your account option and click next.
- Click ‘done’ to finish the set up.
The Outlook app is linked to other service providers. You will be able to get access to the Office 365, Yahoo, iCloud, IMAP and even Google.
- How to be Bored - May 22, 2020
- Know The Enemy: Common Vulnerabilities in Public Cloud - November 26, 2019
- Important Information about Medicare Card - November 25, 2019
- Running a Small Business: What You Need to Know That Nobody Tells You - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate the Italian Way in Princeton this Fall - August 3, 2019
- The Newest trends in Bridal Jewellery - March 15, 2019
- Where to Find Affordable and Reliable Dutch Translation Services? - February 11, 2019
- Tips for Organising Memorable Hen Parties - September 25, 2018
- Are You a Banjo Beginner? How to Choose a Proper Banjo for Your Needs - June 8, 2018
- How to Make the Most of Your car Racing-Themed Vacation - December 22, 2017