Stress is one of the greatest contributors to a lack of employee motivation and engagement. If you are looking for cost-effective ways to improve productivity, look no further than fresh fruit to make a surprisingly big difference to your work environment.
The Great Fruit Experiment
Fresh fruit is an easy way to increase employee engagement while working to combat stress at the same time. Fruitful Office’s “Great Fruit Experiment” found that fruit in the workplace led to an 11% increase in the number of staff agreeing that their company “enabled them to work more productively.”
But the numbers get even higher. An amazing 79% of staff said that fruit made them feel more valued as an employee – a hugely important factor in employee engagement and motivation. If you want to avoid low staff morale and a high turnover, take note – as a UK survey revealed that, understandably, 87% of staff would prefer to be employed by a company that is supportive of their health and well being.
By simply introducing fruit into your workplace, you can increase productivity levels quickly and easily. Fruitful Office makes it easy to get fresh fruit delivered straight to your company each day, and over 80% of Fruitful Office clients claimed that fruit improved the quality of life in their offices.
Combating Stress at Work
Fresh fruit in the workplace is not only excellent for your employees’ health, but it also serves as a highly visible reminder that you care about employee health and nutrition. This is important to employees, and so needs to be important to your company.
To get the most out of staff, it is important that they feel alert, motivated and engaged – ready to take on new challenges. Unhealthy eating triggers sugar slumps and ultimately brings people down, resulting in a lack of productivity. As well as this, poor dieting choices lead to a lack of immunity and higher stress levels, resulting in time off for sick or burned out employees.
However, fresh fruit improves mental fitness, and protects the body against fatigue. By enabling your staff to avoid the office vending machine and snack healthily instead, you are not only proving that you care, but you are also helping to lower their stress levels.
It is important to remember that employees who feel valued and important will naturally be more invested in their work environment and will always strive to do better. Fresh fruit is a simple and cost-effective way to ensure this, while combating stress in the workplace.
- Where to Find Affordable and Reliable Dutch Translation Services? - February 11, 2019
- Tips for Organising Memorable Hen Parties - September 25, 2018
- Are You a Banjo Beginner? How to Choose a Proper Banjo for Your Needs - June 8, 2018
- How to Become a great Party Host - March 14, 2018
- How to Make the Most of Your car Racing-Themed Vacation - December 22, 2017
- Will Reading Glasses Soon be a Thing of the Past? - December 7, 2017
- How to Turn Your Home to a Vacation Rental - December 1, 2017
- Medical Innovations: Pioneering, yet Simple - October 25, 2017
- 3 Simple Tips to Improve Cash Flow in a Business - October 23, 2017
- Who Loses, Who Wins After China’s Crackdown On Cryptocurrencies - October 5, 2017