The USA has long been a popular destination for tourists and travelers across the world. From its snowy peaks in the north, all the way down to the arid desert in the south, it is a country that bestows a unique experience on everyone who visits, promising to provide an unforgettable trip. However, as a nation comprised of 50 separate states covering such a vast expanse of land, it would take an entire lifetime to see and do everything it has to offer. Instead, a better option than trying to cram a whole load of activities in one trip is to pick out the highlights that best represent the country as a whole. Here are some of the ways you can make the most of your time visiting the United States.
Try the food
While in recent years there has been a significant backlash towards the American culture of consuming readily available fast food, there is also an abundance of world-class establishments and chefs producing fantastic food in every major city in the US. Among these are Alinea in Chicago, Cosme in New York and Benu in San Francisco, all of which have appeared in a comprehensive list of the world’s 50 best restaurants. America is also the country where you will find the origin of a number of famous international dishes, including Tex-Mex, California rolls and macaroni cheese.
Go to a sports game
America is home to a huge range of different sports, from the more conventional ones, such as basketball and ice hockey, to slightly more unusual ones, such as wrestling and monster truck rallies. The most popular sport, however, is without a doubt American football, sometimes drawing crowds of up to 100,000 people in their biggest stadiums. Tickets can be hard to come by for the more anticipated matches of the year, but websites mean that fans can purchase seats ahead of time to guarantee themselves a place in the audience.
Visit a national park
With close to 60 national parks to choose from, the United States has no shortage when it comes to natural beauty. Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and Zion, to name a few of the most frequented, are all great places to visit. They all offer breathtaking scenery, fascinating geology and diverse, changing ecosystems, meaning no two visits will ever be the same. What’s more, although there are usually entrance fees per vehicle, the national parks provide free admission on certain days of the year, meaning you may be able to visit free of charge if you are lucky.
Relax on the beach
When you think of the beach in the US, it may conjure up images of surfing or bodybuilders. However, there are also plenty of spots that are ideal for kicking back and soaking up some rays. Naturally, the beautiful island of Hawaii is up there with the most impressive areas of coastline, but there are also great beaches in California, Florida, Georgia and Maine.
- How to Make Money from Gaming - September 2, 2020
- 10 Essential Tips to Make your Puppy Get Used to its New RFID Chip Implant - August 31, 2020
- Top Six Online Game Updated You Can’t Miss - August 17, 2020
- Tips for better faster DIY you need to know - August 13, 2020
- Online Games To Distract Yourself With While Working From Home - July 8, 2020
- You Need To Seek Medical Treatment After an Accident – Here’s Why - July 3, 2020
- Guide to Choosing Airbnb Management Software - June 17, 2020
- 6 Useful Tips on How to Generate High Quality Leads for Your Business - June 5, 2020
- The Top Five Reasons Why Your Truck Needs a New Bedliner This Summer - May 26, 2020
- How To Get Back On Your Feet Financially - May 15, 2020